What a lovely surprise I had this morning! The wonderful Claudia – New Life Fresh You nominated me for The Sunshine Blogger Award. This is the first time I have been nominated for this award, actually any award and I would definitely be thrilled to accept. Thank you very much for thinking about me with your nomination.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive, and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
- Thank the Blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to your blog.
- Answer the 11 Questions The Blogger asked to your blog.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post or on your blog.
So here are the questions set by my nominator:
- What would be your last meal on earth?
The biggest plate ever made of homemade chips then one, maybe two, of those really cheap £1 pizzas from ASDA. Dessert could only be a bowl of warm custard. Very very classy lady.
- Do you believe in aliens? Why/Why not?
I can’t believe we are the only intelligent life forms in this, or any other, universe so I guess yes I do believe in aliens.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Cue generic answer. I see myself as a married, mother with a job that allows me to stay home and look after the house, many animals and any future children we have.
- Where are you from?
- What is one thing on your bucket list?
Disney Land Paris, for sure Disney Land Paris. Another bonus of us having a baby this year, we aren’t going to look even remotely silly spending all our money holidaying to Disney!
- If you won the lottery what would you do first?
Buy a Dyson Supersonic hairdryer. Pretty sure I would need to win the lottery to ever justify owning one.
- What song reminds you of your childhood? Why?
My whole childhood was spent listening to either Eminem, or 50 cent. I was hip and ahead of the times, obviously.
- How would you describe your fashion style?
(Can pajamas be a fashion style?) Random, I wouldn’t say I have a particular style. I can go from jeans and a Marvel t-shirt to a flowery generic girly dress in the same day.
- What’s your favorite season? Why?
I’ve never been anything other than a Winter person. I seriously wanted to name our daughter, due May 2018, Winter. My partner was far from on board. How pretty is the name Winter May though, I think he’ll come around to it in time.
- What’s your dream job?
I would really like to be a Geography teach, I mean, I don’t have any of the needed qualifications but if anyone can hook me up.
- What did you want to be when you were a child?
I had high hopes of being either an Ice cream lady with my own Ice cream van, snazzy I know. Mainly, having never been ice skating, I wanted to be a professional Ice Skater.
Those were fun questions to answer, so thank you for asking me. Here are my questions for my nominees, who are 11 people whose blogs I have very much enjoyed browsing over the past week: (I’ve left out people who appeared to have been nominated already)
Hannah – Whathannahwrote
Hayley – Lovehayleybeth
Nathaniel – VapeNATEtion
Blair – Lavieenrosediaries
Hannah – Thegiraffeslifeblog
Tabitha – Tabithablogsite
Faye – Femaleoriginal
Emma – Bookinggoodread
Katie & Harry – Nerdsnumbersnatterings
Charlie – Charlienailedit
Kirsten – Kiirstenjones
My 11 questions to you all:
- When and why did you start blogging?
- Why did you pick your blog name?
- Which of your own blog posts has been your favourite, so far?
- What’s been your favourite blog to read lately?
- If you could meet any one person in the world, who would it be and why?
- The most inspirational person in your life?
- Favourite place to be?
- What film have you watched the most?
- Cats, Dogs or both?
- Something your proud of in your life?
- One piece of advice you would give to your younger self?
I’ve tried to make them as interesting as I can for you.
Awards are fun, but optional. Don’t feel any pressure to do this. Thank you again, Claudia, for nominating me I really enjoyed making this post.
Update February 18th. I’ve been nominated again for this award by the lovely Diamond
Instead of making a new post or ignoring that I was amazingly nominated again I thought I would update this post with the questions she asked me, as it was so fun to answer all the previous ones.
- What inspired you to start your blog?
I had a blog a few years ago, which was more of a diary that I never made public. I’ve since deleted it, so don’t try peeping on me. I’ve always wanted to blog as a hobby, since I can remember. I never had the get up and go to do it because of mental health and a few other issues. The past two years have been a huge turn around for me in getting my life and goals in order, so this year was finally time for me to try my hand at it once again.
- How did you come up with your blog name?
Hannah’s Life was what I first thought of, a nice easy uncomplicated name. That was taken on some other platforms, where as Hannah’s Life Diaries was available on all social medias. (Except twitter, due to username word count)
- Now that you’ve started your blog are you glad that you did or do you regret it?
It was certainly the right time in my life to start blogging, so yes I am glad I have started my blog.
- Is this something you can see yourself doing long-term?
Honestly, I’ve never really stuck with anything long term. I’m a very indecisive person so thoughts and goals change regularly. I would like to hope I will carry on though. I have enjoyed starting up so far.
- What are some of your goals for your blog?
I haven’t set myself too many goals, yet. I’m keeping it kind of casual so I don’t feel any pressure to post or compete with all the other fantastic bloggers. One goal I do have though, is to upgrade my WordPress account so I can upload and change my theme. The free themes are lacking customisation, which I really don’t like.
- What’s one thing you want to accomplish on your bucket list?
(Answered above) Disneyland Paris, for sure Disneyland Paris. Another bonus of us having a baby this year, we aren’t going to look even remotely silly spending all our money holidaying to Disney!
- What’s one place you would like to visit?
Apart from Disneyland I would like to go Skiing somewhere. I went on a school trip to Italy when I was 12 and I have been hoping to go ever since. Plus, I love the cold so win win for me.
- Is there anything you would change about the blogging community?
Personally, I haven’t experienced anything but support from the blogging community. I can’t say I would change anything right now.
- What’s something you can’t live without?
My two dogs, they have been there with me through a lot of stuff. I can’t imagine how different my life would be without them.
- What’s one of your greatest accomplishments?
I won a medal for winning the sack race when I was 8 in the school sports day. I’d hazard a guess and say it’s probably the last time I did any real true exercise.
- What’s something random about you?
Ugh, random fact and not one I am sure I should be putting on the internet, but I am TERRIFIED of Orcas, Killer Wales whatever. Why are they so big? They scare the life out of me. I’m pretty positive one isn’t going to be knocking on my door anytime in the future, but still, just the thought of them gives me the creeps.
Thank you so much Diamond for nominating me, I really appreciate it.